Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Ikea Trip


I've been dragged kicking and screaming into the wonder that is Ikea, and I must say that I have been well and truly converted. I do hate the way that there is only one way in and out, and that you have to see everything that's there when you really don't want to, but I love it all the same. It's such a pity that it's a 4 hour round trip to get there though - drives me nuts.

I do REALLY love this toilet roll holder. Imagine having two boys learning to use the toilet in the proper manner - the fallout kills me - hence my adoration for the toilet roll holder which lives up on the wall, way above the toilet. Bliss. Every mother of a boy should have one in their repertoire.



I saw spice holders like these at my friend's home last weekend (hi Isaac, Brooke, Benau - adore you guys). So of course, I had to get my own. Brilliant things they are indeed, and I do need to get more. I find I use spices more with these in such easy reach, and you can clearly see when you're running low on supply. Handy hint though, grab the tub firmly to take them off the fridge as the lid comes off easily. Not pleasant.



And to my wonderful new dining chairs. They are so simple and elegant and fit in so well with my 100 year old rustic table. It was such a bloody shame though that on the day Ikea only had five in stock, when I need six, so I have to do a special trip there tomorrow to get one damn chair - did I mention the four hour round trip? But, the chairs do look terrific, but I cannot stand to have one odd one out. Ikea here I come !

No comments:

Post a Comment